It is a standardized test that is advantaged with a high degree of validity and reliability. It consists of two parts; one part related to social skills and the other part is related to behavioral problems and psychological disorders. The part related to social skills measures communication, collaboration, asking for help and getting needs in appropriate ways. Such skills enable the child to form friendships, develop healthy relationships and protect himself/ herself, and make him / her able to interact with society in a harmonious way. This part also measures behavioral traits that are important in following adult instruction, cooperation and contribution with peers, and showing appropriate self-control as well as the important features of social independence within the peer group. The part related to behavioral problems measures internal and external patterns of problems as well as describes specific features for each of these areas. Behavioral problems scale e includes common behavioral problems in the sample of pre-school and early childhood children. It also includes some common mental disorders that children suffer from such as separation anxiety, social anxiety, compulsive disorder, general anxiety, panic disorder, depression, and selective mutism.
|Purpose:||To asset the social and behavioral problems of preschool children|
|Age:||2 -5 years|
|Admin - time:||About 15 minutes|
|Scoring:||Directly after finishing administration|
|Administration Language:||Arabic / English|
|Report language:||Arabic / English for each case|
|Administration:||Arab Corporation for Preparing, Standardizing and Publishing Psychological Tests|
|Author:||Dr. Abdelmawgoud Abdelsamea|
Scale the main scale
Features of the meter
- Assists psychologists and educators in making diagnostic decisions according to the criterions of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM5).
- Helps to determine the severity of deficiencies in communication and social interaction.
- Helps to determine the severity of deficiencies in restricted and repetitive behaviors.
- Helps to follow-up intervention programs
- Can be administered in both English and Arabic
- Provided with scoring and writing reports software
- Can be administered through an application on mobile or tablet.
- Within each report there are two reports; one is used to determine the current status and the other is used to the previous status to preview improvement.
- Within each report there are two reports, one used to determine the current status and the other used to demine the previous status to examine the status of improvement.
- The items of the scale are distributed on the diagnostic criteria of DSM5.
- It includes scores that calculate the change to follow- up the case.
- Standardized on the Arab environment.
The test is available in both Arabic and English. The report is also available in both Arabic and English for each case whether the administration itself is in English or in Arabic.
The following questions are answered by one of the parent of the child, the caregiver or the child's teacher. The answer would be (Yes ) if the question is applicable to the subject currently (E) if the question is applicable to the subject at a previous time or (No) if the question is not applicable to the subject currently or at previous times.
- Record Forms
- Examiner's Guide
- CD includes scoring software to be used on PC.